Our Client a Multinational in the Oil & Gas Industry is looking for a Instrument Engineer to join their team in UAE.
- Provide day-to-day instrumentation and controls support for the offshore production facilities. This includes inspection, preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance, root cause analysis on trips or failures, spare management, obsolescence management, reliability improvement, identification of instrument and controls vulnerability and follow up actions.• Ensure technical integrity of instrumentation and controls system are safeguarded.
- Provide the company with expert technical advice for instrumentation and controls matters as required. Troubleshoot complex or recurring instrumentation and controls problems and recommend sound and cost effective solutions as the problems arise. Provide support in all instrumentation and controls equipment failure investigations and analysis using Root Cause Analysis techniques.
- Provide review and approval of non-stock instrumentation and controls equipment. Coordinate with Warehouse personnel to give technical advice on the verification of instrumentation and controls spares and stock item specifications / descriptions as required. Determine equivalent equipment from other manufacturers for obsolete or non-available items.
- Monitor and manage obsolescence of installed instrumentation and controls equipment and devices.
- Provide input and reviews of instrumentation and controls Planned Preventative Maintenance strategies and procedures.
- Interface on capital projects to ensure the planning for and incorporation of instrumentation and controls reliability in “front-end loading” for new / redesigned equipment. Review additions to instrumentation and controls spares requirements.• Assure that all operations and maintenance activities of the operating assets remain inside the facilities current design envelope and initiate engineering studies in order to increase efficiency and safety.
- • Manage contracts especially contracts related to instrumentation and controls to ensure value of money for the Company by delivering strong HSSE and high quality technical performance by the contractors. • Provide support to Senior Instrument Engineer, Offshore Instrument Supervisors, Onshore Jebel Ali Operations Support Base Electrical and Instrument Workshop and guidance the Technicians.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Instrument engineering or equivalent.
- 10 years’ experience in instrumentation and controls maintenance and knowledgeable in offshore production operations, maintenance of equipment.
- Experience of instrumentation and controls equipment installation in hazardous classified areas.
- Familiar with Relay Logic, Programmable Logical Control (PLC) equipment, Emergency Shutdown Systems, Fire & Gas Systems and Distributed Control Systems (DCS) is preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience in offshore oil & gas industry codes, specifications, standards and practices (HSE, API, NFPA, ISA, IEC etc.).
- Familiar with process engineering, auxiliary systems and interfaces system such as control & instrumentation, mechanical and static equipment.
- Familiar with Process Safety Management and HAZOP / SIL study.