We are looking for a talented Bid Specialist to join our team. The successful candidate will have experience in the aviation or related industry, be enthusiastic and organised, and have the ability to lead the bid process from capture stage to project appointment. They will possess strong people leadership skills and have the ability to work under time pressure and deadlines.
Must be comfortable working at Director Level (internal and external customers). Will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace. Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills. Have the ability to manage complex, multi-work stream opportunities. Solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures.
• Manage the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities
• Prepares and reviews the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
• Ensure a winning, compliant, error free document arrives with the client in the correct format.
• Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
• Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
• Execute and drive corporate governance.
• Ensure the effective use of the DTP process and tools, for all bids, to optimise the opportunity of winning.
• Leads capture planning / win strategy planning sessions.
• Manage the production of all bid documents ensuring they meet required quality standards and time deadlines.
• High-level understanding of commercials required.
• Execute and drive corporate governance to achieve approvals in-line with submission deadlines.
• Leads the interview/presentation ensuring the team has the correct level of creative input and coaching support to enable a winning approach.
• Enact change in the organisation by driving improvements and doing things differently.
• Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
• Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
• Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award
• Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Business Management or equivalent.
• at least 3 years’ experience in the field of bid management
• Project management experience
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Ability to manage virtual teams
• Ability to work in a changing environment
• Experience with technical aspects and requirements of a bid or tender
• Strong writing skills; excellent English skills are a must with other language(s) a definite asset
• Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organise and execute projects
• Excellent organisational skills; attention to detail a definite requirement
• Demonstrated project management experience is beneficial; PM certification is ideal
• Ability to understand technical content and translate this content into user benefits
• Bid and proposal experience is a must
• Energy, passion and a positive can-do attitude required
• Proficiency in computer skills: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint required